Thursday 13 February 2014

Chingay PowerPoint Slides


Group Reflection:

Before the Chingay parade, our group sat down and discussed the different important points we had to take note during the Chingay parade and also our respective roles. After a discussion, we decided that Terry, Grace and Xin Yi will be the photographers while Gerald would take down the interesting points of the Chingay and things to take note in his iPad. Having the theme ‘Colours of Fabric, One People’ in mind, we set off to the Chingay parade as a group and managed to do our roles well. As our group was focusing on the point of ‘Floats’, we took numerous photos of the unique floats during the Chingay parade. Before we met up, we all sorted out and chose the photos that were clear and floats which also had a lot of meaning and purpose to it. When everyone agreed on the photos, we then divided the photos equally among ourselves and did the caption and description. Our group then met up on a Sunday morning to do the PowerPoint and scripts as a team and even rehearsed together. Personally, we think that we learnt a lot of meaningful things during the Chingay parade. We managed to learn so much more about the culture of Singapore through the floats which is part and parcel of our daily lives. Not only did we have a deeper understanding about the culture in Singapore, we also bonded together as a team and I think this allows us to be able to respect one another and learn how to cooperate with one another. This journey to Chingay was definitely a fruitful one.

Personal Reflection:

Grace - I learnt that Singapore is a really bonded and united country. We have firstly, the different races in Singapore, the 4 main races in Singapore that makes Singapore a united city. Secondly, the floats are decorated very colourfully, which I think that is a symbol that Singapore is a very colourful and exciting country! Lastly, the efforts the organizations put in is really spectacular and outstanding! They have to rehearse many times to out up such a good performance and have to rehearse every week! How brilliant is it! I think they have to cooperate with each and every people to make this performance successful! Which also shows that Singapore is a very bonded country to make this a great success! I'm really proud that I can watch this year's Chingay!

TerryChingay was a great experience for me. I've always watched it over the years on TV but have never gotten to attend it. The procession was extremely well planned and presented. From the few hours I have been at the venue watching it, I really gained deeper knowledge on Singapore's culture and diversity, and how we manage to live in Harmony despite many differences. This we have always been proud of as Singaporeans, but most of us really don't know how this is achieved. From the Chingay masquerade, the reason behind our success is unravelled through the floats and items put up. I also learnt some interesting facts. I didn't know we had a historic Dragon playground until a float resembling it was presented! This is just one of the many insights I gotten on Singapore from the Chingay parade. It was an enjoyable experience.

Xin Yi - The Chingay parade was definitely one of the best parade I have seen in my life. I have neither been to the Chingay parade nor seen it on television. Therefore, I was real excited and looked forward to the Chingay parade! From this parade, I have a much deeper understanding about Singapore's culture as well as our nation. The different unique floats represented different culture and races in Singapore. This showed that we are a nation with people of different races and cultures from all over the world but no matter where we are, we are bonded as one nation like the thread, which is sewn to form a big piece of beautiful cloth and that cloth is Singapore. The deep meaning behind each float actually taught me and allowed me to gain more knowledge about Singapore. I feel that the amount of hard work given to complete this marvellous event is definitely commendable and I salute them for giving so much of their time and effort to make this parade a successful one.

Gerald - I think that it was a enjoyable and enriching experience. It was really well executed and I could tell that they really put a lot of effort in to the performance. It allowed me to have a deeper understanding of the rich history and culture of all the races in Singapore. I also knew more about Singapore's achievements and the historical icons there.
























Our PowerPoint slides! Hope you enjoyed it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment